Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

57. Re: DNF Postmortem Dec 22, 2009, 20:02 Creston

Vaporware is something that never really existed like phantom and DNF is/was real but an unfinished work of art. Personally I don't think calling it vaporware helps, but I know a lot of people are frustrated.

Vaporware is a game that's been promised a million times and is never released. There is no greater piece of vaporware than DNF. By your definition, once someone draws a single piece of art for a game, it's no longer vaporware.

Personally seeing people attacking 3DRealms is stupid, your only helping publishers, these guys tried to fight back. They did and they were right. They were better and their work proves it, as little as we got to see. Every time it was better than anything at the time.

Yeah, no. They weren't RIGHT. Getting a game out is RIGHT. Sitting there for twelve years, bleating how fucking awesome you are, isn't "right." At least not for the game industry.

A publisher would have gotten this game out. It's fairly interesting to see that several game devs have tried to do it themselves (3DR, God Games) and have failed fairly spectacularly. The only ones who seem to be getting it right are Stardock.

And sure, their trailers looked awesome, but lots of devs can make awesome looking trailers. We can't say how good it was until we got to play it, which we never were going to.

I don't know maybe fans get mad cause they are afraid to cry for what we lost, what the world lost. That time in 1996/1997 we all lost.

Not only were 3DRealms kings we were kings too, not only did 3DRealms know what the best was for a moment, but for a moment...

We All Agreed.

Dude, seriously. Let it go. It's a game, not the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo