Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

6. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Overwatch Announced Dec 21, 2009, 14:26 SirKnight

It is true that Arma kicks DR's ass. There's VERY few things I like better about DR. I had hopes for a long time it would be the other way around.

I thought the graphics would have been better but in DR it's really brown and bland. It just looks plain bad. The Battlefield BC engine does a MUCH better job. Even though I have many issues w/ Arma 2's graphics, it still beats DR to pieces.

The overall gameplay and interactivity in Arma 2 blows away DR. Like the graphics, the gameplay in DR is bland.

This game was a HUGE disappointment and no DLC/patch can fix it. It takes a whole re-write. Thus, OFP3.

However, at least DR is not an on-a-rail script fest like CoD. Even with all the faults, I'd still play DR over any CoD without a doubt.'

Unfortunately, we will not have the true mil-sim/Arma killer we want unless the game is made for the PC primarily. But, making it primarily for the consoles, like DR was, we get typical console kiddie crap.

Also, the DR devs always said this is the most realistic this and that for the console and the console never had this kind of real experience before. That's bull. I guess they forgot about Operation Flashpoint Elite for the Xbox. Elite shows you can make a realistic mil-sim on the console that wasn't gimped beyond belief. I'd also say OFP: Elite is better and more realistic than DR. Even with Elite's less than PC quality graphics and HORRIBLE voice acting. The PC version's voice acting, while not worthy of awards, was A LOT better.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo