Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

35. Re: Borderlands DLC Dec 10, 2009, 18:12 Krovven

I was hypothesizing and stated that cleary,

Edit: I realise what you were trying to make an alternative suggestion. But the facts were already there proving that SecuROM was added in a silent patch that Gearbox acknowledged after the fact. You just chose to dispute it out of hand.

Anyway I did read up on it

On your last post you said you had not.

in fact you can delete them and the base game functions normally

So you can delete the base game exe and the game will run? I think not. Maybe you can delete the other related files, but not the exe. Which brings us back to the point I made earlier...SecuROM should only be added to the game when you purchase/download the DLC. No reason it should have been added otherwise, especially without specifically stating so.

No. Big. Deal.

If you don't care about companies silently adding DRM to your files, good for you. Most people do have a problem with that. This would have been an entirely different conversation if they had just announced the patch and stated what it was actually doing. Again, there was no reason for them to patch the base game when the user has not purchased & downloaded the DLC itself.

Steams system of automatically delivering patches to users has been great, and has thusfar gone unabused. But when companies like Gearbox use that feature to underhandedly add unnecessary and unannounced DRM to the files when they are not needed...that's when I begin to have a problem with it.

If you think it is you are a minority.

Again, read the forums. There are thousands of people very pissed off about this.

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2009, 18:54.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo