Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

68. Re: EA Wants #1 FPS Spot Dec 6, 2009, 01:43 TurdFergasun

All I'm saying is that MW2 making lots of money doesn't prove much, other than that a lot of people like it.

Thinking further on it Prez, I agree with you but it's impossible to qualitatively define the top first person shooter, so sales measurements are really the only worthwhile metric. It sucks but that's how it is with the majority of entertainment in general.

wouldn't reliable pirated figures give you a better indication? i mean if you can't get someone to play your game for free en masse wouldn't it be a fairly sturdy way to distinguish the games that truly have staying power? doesn't cod4 still hold the record for pirated copies?

how many kids get mommy or daddy to buy their games for them? with that sort of influence being such a large factor in video game sales numbers, doesn't it null n void the numbers as a qualitative measurement? these kids are victims of shotty marketing, and what essentially boils down to keys being jangled in their faces convincing them to whine to their parents, how can this demographic be included and still be considered a reliable litmus test for quality?

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 2009, 01:44.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo