Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

51. Re: EA Wants #1 FPS Spot Dec 3, 2009, 18:43 Krovven

Instead, the majority of their games end up being shit because they didn't give their dev teams the time or the freedom to create the world that they wanted to create.

I'm not usually one to defend EA, but changes don't happen overnight, especially when most games take years to make. EA has made a lot of good changes in the last couple of years, released some pretty good new IP's and and are continuing to make more. You can only do so much at once. But in making these changes they are also getting criticized by the same people for laying staff off, closing studios, etc. to facilitate these changes. They simply can't win with everyone.

They hardly even continue supporting released games. You can't say that about Valve.

Depends on the game, they have supported most of their games lately post release. Do you recall the uproar over the lack of L4D1 post-release support (not that I agree with that)?

Personally I don't think EA is quite as bad as they were a few years ago, and appear to be continuing to improve. But I'm still very cautious what games of theirs I buy and usually wait awhile after release to get feedback...but that can be said of most games and game companies these days.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo