Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

50. Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed Nov 28, 2009, 07:18 theyarecomingforyou

Take Crysis, for example. Whenever you pick up a weapon or item, you see your hands and arms actually picking it up. Does this add to the immersion? Not really. It's purely superficial and actually rather inefficient. I'd rather just point my reticule at an item and have it instantly be added to my inventory, rather than having to watch an animation of my character picking it up.
I don't think we're going to agree on this matter because I feel the opposite. Personally I'd like to see lean implemented in games, along with other forms of free movement, but the current implementation holds no appeal to me. It needs to be more fluid, more integral to the gameplay - the current two button, fixed degree lean system just takes up two useful buttons and doesn't do much. I personally feel that Far Cry 2 would have benefited more from prone than lean.

Conversely, the inability to pick up corpses in Crysis was greatly detrimental to the game's immersion
I think we simply have different criteria as to what makes an immersive game.

I love it when people bring up the piracy card in completely unrelated arguments as if it somehow refutes anything I've said.
Not to refute it but I speak to developers with my wallet.

What exactly did it do?
It felt fresh, from the movement, to the combat, to the environment, to the way you had to heal yourself. It was about how it all worked together, rather than any one feature. Everything was done slightly differently to other games, from the menu system to the setting to the gameplay. It's like with Clear Sky where you're walking along and you don't notice the weather changing from a blue sky to thunder and lightning - it really makes the game world feel alive.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo