Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 2, 2009, 04:41 peteham

We ALREADY spend 5+ minutes sorting through the guns that drop during large encounters.
My thinking as well. Though at least 2.5 of those 5+ minutes can be blamed on the absurdly bad interface that is apparently cut&pasted from the console-version with a cursor on top.

Although I will say right now that I hate the way the cars drive. They drive like the warthogs in Halo, which also are designed to Piss You Right The Fuck Off. You can't look around the vehicle without turning that direction, so we have to rely on callouts from one of the people in the turrets. Before figuring this out, we were running the cars into rock walls (and each other) all the time while just trying to get our bearings.
I have no issues with the directional steering really. It's more a matter of the driving physics and general car handling being an absolute joke. Get stuck on everything? Check. Ridiculous handling? Check. Useless turret? Check. Get stuck on everything - again? Check. In the end, we only used cars to get from point A to point B quickly, while the gunner went to sleep. Not that impressive for a game that touts "fun & exciting vehicle battles!". Halo's vehicles are 100x better than the crap cars in Borderlands.

In total, I'm fairly disappointed with the game. Got playthrough 1 down now, and I'm not sure if I'll be up for playthrough 2 as I was completely bored towards the end. The game doesn't really change as you go along, and the sense of progression is completely missing. Same-looking areas, same enemies with more hp, bigger guns to compensate for more hp = constant amount of time-to-kill.. Same fighting strategy the entire way through, enemy AI being what it is (or isn't). For me, it got old pretty fast, though some of the more hectic missions were fun. I feel I got a lot more out of L4D as that at least was more about playing well than just burning down mobs MMO-style.

YMMV I suppose. Most people seem to like the game a lot more than I do, including the people who now want me to join in for playthrough number two On thing I won't complain about is the technical aspects of the game, though. It looks and runs great even of my low/middle-end rig. Not one hitch during this weekend's play-sessions.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo