Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

119. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Day One DLC Plans Oct 8, 2009, 21:42 Noctis

Why wouldn't they include this with the rest of the game? Sound's like B.S. to me.

BioWare has a dedicated team working on DLC. Why wasn't it included in the main game? Because the content wasn't nearly complete by the time the main game was locked and into QA, certification and manufacturing. The main game and Warden's Keep are in different stages of development and there is no way that WK could be released with the main game at this stage.

There is a long held belief that main game content is being removed and sold separately. This is not the case. The content is being developed in parallel by a dedicated team.

None of our DLC is required to enjoy Dragon Age: Origins, but we hope you will give some of it a try or at least arm yourself with reviews from trusted sources (whether it's Gamespot or your Uncle Ray) and make your own decision.

Derek,

I am aware of the parallel team and know that it wouldn't have been included on disk. I am also aware that Warden's Keep is being used as a bargaining chip to sell the Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition. There is simply no reason that they couldn't have included a download code for everyone that pre-ordered. I understand it's away to leverage the download edition. However, no matter the amount of flowers you try to shovel onto it, everyone will still feel screwed by this. That is of course, other than the download users.

I'm sorry I still value ownership of my games. My psyche tells me to cancel my pre-order edition and wait to see if there will be a game of the year edition with this include to get the most value out of my purchase. This of course will also be when it's around 30$ and saves me quite a bit of money. Also, I am a person that doesn't buy downloadable content ever, so if it's not included with the boxed edition, then I won't buy it. I see what companies are trying to do. De-value ownership and I don't like it. I don't want to imagine the day when you need to pay a subscription fee to play a single player game.

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2009, 21:49.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo