Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

47. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Day One DLC Plans Oct 7, 2009, 23:01 Creston

Thanks for showing up and explaining your company's decision, Derek. You're one of the few devs to still come by here, which is commendable.

Sadly, I have to say that the timing issue you raise just seems... odd.

The game was originally scheduled to launch eight months ago. You get bought by EA, and suddenly it's delayed (and delayed) again, and now gets a console launch too. You kept saying the PC delay wasn't just because EA wanted an all-platform launch, instead explaining that the extra time was needed to polish the game.

Okay, fair enough.

In that 8 months, you couldn't build a piece of DLC and add it to the original game? Why are your DLC team and main team on different schedules, if you had an 8 month delay? Your devs have been saying that people can create whole adventures with the toolset in as little as a week, but a keep took more than 8 months to build?

And it's easy to say "Well, you don't need this DLC to enjoy the game," but I can't help but notice that the one piece of DLC that the coolest is the one people have to pay for. horse blood armor probably doesn't interest anybody. A base to work out of, with (presumably) extra cool merchants is what every RPG fan wants.

I hope you can see why this leaves a somewhat bitter taste in my mouth. It smells very much like "We really want to sell this game for 60 bucks" syndrome to me.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo