Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

54. Re: 3000AD MMOG Tease Oct 2, 2009, 11:52  dsmart 

hang on, how is 100 people on a server a MMO? i assume there is some kinda cross server interaction? or did you mean a persistant multiplayer game as apposed to a mmo?

Simple start here What is an MMO?

A bunch of cretins over the years took the meaning and mangled the heck out of it.

You don't need to have a million people on a server shard to have an MMO. You can have 16 people on each of 1000 servers and call it an MMO.

We, like APB and a bunch of others already out, are going for a smaller number per server in order to give a more manageable and personal experience for the gamers.

Having 64 or 100 players per server has nothing to do with it being an MMO or not.

You know what, Derek. . I'll check out your MMO. I have not played any of your games, which (if i was to) would be a great starting point? What is your flagship game to date?

I have several games for different styles but all hard core to the bone. Pick one. I don't regard any as being a flagship.

If you want a deep but easy space/planetasry combat game, there is Galactic Command Echo Squad SE.

If you want the all-encompassing space/planetary combat game "you need a brain to play this", pick any of Battlecruiser or Universal Combat titles. The latest being Universal Combat CE v2.0

If you want an FPS thats going to take your brain and totally fry it inside of 60 seconds, then my latest game, All Aspect Warfare is for you.

If you want a pure planetary aerial combat game that makes H.A.W.X feel and play like the console crap that it is, then get my other recent game, Angle Of Attack.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo