Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Steam F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn (DLC) and Patch Sep 4, 2009, 10:25 CreamyBlood

Pirating software is like beating up a prostitute: You can like it and still not have to pay for it and the only one who cares is the distributor.

Good one, made me chuckle. I wish kxmode in all of his millions of stale one liners could do that once in awhile.

As to FEAR, I only made it halfway through the first one before getting bored. I realize that it was a good PC game that many here enjoyed but it got too repetitive for me. Same enemies, same environment, nothing new and it got dull for me.

FEAR 2 sounded like they ramped up the atmosphere but dumbed it down a bit yet I can't judge it as I never tried it. If people want to pay ten bucks for a couple of hours then let the market dictate if that is a valid business model or not.

I wouldn't do it for Quake 4, which I liked but I would have bought an expansion for it.

Or COD4, I bought that after a year of knowing what it was and didn't like it, never finished so I wouldn't buy DLC for it or an expansion but many people will.

I suppose if you get entertainment out of it and think it's value for your money then both you and the seller have a win-win relationship.

Myself, I'm a bit more picky and narrow-minded in what I like these days but let those that want to spend their money on stuff that they enjoy do so.

Even if a few of us think they are idiots wasting money on crap. It's their time and their money.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo