Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

173. Re: MS Aug 31, 2009, 21:15 StingingVelvet

I'd like to see him say that.

Well, I hope he will.

I could see arguing that eventually the same thing would have happened, at some point, through some means. I think it would have taken a long while though. As I recall, the PS3 at first was supposed to just have two cell processors, rather than a GPU, and that changed when the specs of the Xbox 360 were revealed... Sony really was not focusing on PC style development at all back then, and Nintendo still isn't. I think Xbox did all of that.

But yes, you are probably right, someone would have at some point...

My thing is more that mainstreaming the industry, which is twisted by most people into "consolized," would certainly have happened either way. Even PC only games like Dawn of War II and WoW show a great amount of simplification for larger audiences... Oblivion would have been equally stripped down even if it was PC only. In that regard, I don't think it was the Xbox's doing nearly as much as simple mainstreaming due to higher production costs.

But on the matter of PC games being all console ports now, for the most part? Xbox did that, and I don't know who else would have without them in the picture. Someone, sometime, probably... but it's all speculative based on little fact.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo