Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: EA's Massive Ad Deal Aug 30, 2009, 02:09 Shadowcat

It's funny... the NFS series had become so rubbish, that I had stopped paying any attention to those games. With SHIFT, they've gone to quite a lot of effort to gain the interest of people like me, and they've done so well that I had this down as a probable purchase. But now... no sale, no way.

In-games adverts are never okay. Any time a person says "ads are okay so long as they're done right" is absolutely fooling themselves. You are explicitly talking about giving marketers control over game content! SBlat points out an absolutely ideal demonstration of what that means even in a game where people are expecting to see billboards and such forth.

The "perfect world" version of in-game advertising that some people have in their heads is not the reality. The goals of marketers and the goals of game designers are not the same, and you CANNOT put them together without damaging the game.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo