Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

75. Re: ARMA II on Steam Jun 28, 2009, 08:22 Dr. D. Schreber

Someone tell me where the "turn absurd squaddie chatter off" button is, and I'm sold. I really want to be sold on it, so I'm hoping I just missed a checkbox right in front of my face. Everything else is great, the Microsoft Sam voice engine just needs to go. Badly. The actual voice acting, terrible though it is, is at least livable.

It's a crappy game. Can't stand it. The game isn't worth more than $10 imo. It's a violent outlet for very frustrated children who are trapped in a statist society. Its a way for players to boost their ego for several hours by acting out fantasies of selfishly and violently dominating strangers. It teaches virtually nothing. It's absolute dribble.

This is what Prototype has been pitched as, and it's also what it was made to be. Why is this still surprising people, and why was it surprising people at release when the biggest comment the devs ever made was "we're designing a sandbox game to accommodate the way most players act in them," aka, "like assholes."

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2009, 08:28.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo