Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

115. Re: America's Army 3 Released Jun 18, 2009, 15:57 DarkCntry

You're pretty dense aren't you? Just because you have a lack of comprehension skills doesn't mean you are correct in your assessment here...

Suffice to say everyone here knows who's right and who's wrong and honestly, they've already stated that fact. I've also stated that I've worked with this project as an employee so I have knowledge backing me up here and you only have linking and reading comprehension problems backing up your claims.

Again, let's make this abundantly clear Dagok...

People who download from Steam, either directly or via pre-load, do so through Steam's servers. There's no intermediary between that and the user (in this case what you're trying to state) that goes through anything that America's Army hosts, it is strictly a Valve job. When a player downloads, installs, and then runs the game they are presented with the log in screen, which leads to the Auth servers and where the majority of folks are having their issues. At this point, it's out of Valve's hands and in AA's hands. All fine and dandy, the problem is, almost everyone who has downloaded via Steam has run into download speed issues, congestion issues, delays, etc, which as I already pointed out is a sole issue of Valve via Steam.

As for your reasonable time, I'm sure I don't have to point out the free weekends they generally run and the madhouse it creates...and then the 'reasonable time' that somehow takes up almost the entire free weekend to get straightened out.

But again, I like how you backpeddle now in saying that you didn't say anything about AA's auth servers having to do with downloading...
I NEVER SAID PRAGMATIC SOLUTIONS HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE DOWNLOAD. LEARN TO READ.

I also said that the Steam servers for downloading were not being overloaded (bandwidth-wise) but that it was probably getting too many user requests at once...which i was also correct in, and many people once connected were downloading at very fast speeds.

when not even two sentences up...
Like I just said...the ordering of this phrase (bolded) to me determines the order in which the problem is occurring
This shows that you believe it has to do with AA's issues for the download...which again, is Pragmatic Solutions and again, has nothing to do with downloading.

But anyways, take your odd view of things and run with it if you so desire, you're really not doing much at making yourself out to be all that informed.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo