Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

64. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 15, 2009, 16:07 Jerykk

That is optional DLC stuff, I am talking about the entire 2nd city in the Sims 3 game.

Like I said before, Sims 3 is the only game to obviously cut out material for use as DLC. However, at least the city isn't being charged for, unlike most DLC that shows up on consoles. We have yet to see if EA will use a similar model for PC games but if they do, it doesn't really matter because the content will be free once you register. I don't have a problem with that at all.

WTF? I mean really. How does an opine about PC prices address my question? You do this all the time...

You essentially stated that PCs aren't worth $1-3k. That claim revolves entirely around the price range you designated. You don't need to spend more than $1000 to get a good rig so your range is much higher than it should be. I think $1000 is a good price to pay for all the stuff a PC can do, including playing the majority of console releases with better graphics, performance and controls.

So I can see my in game characters shrink when I crank up the res. They look real good I am sure, if they were not the size of ants!

When was the last time you actually changed resolutions in a game? Higher resolution = smaller pixels, not smaller models. Smaller pixels = sharper edges, less aliasing. Only 2D sprites get smaller when you increase screen resolution.

FF14 is probably the best positioned to do this. Especially since the FF11 PC version was disasterous. It's something to watch.

Maybe, maybe not. I doubt it will be more successful than MMOs on PC.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2009, 16:14.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo