Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: Matrix Online to End May 29, 2009, 13:35 Nucas

i really liked the matrix online, at least during it's warner brothers run. i really liked the branched levelling system, and the fact that you could mix abilities from various branches added a real depth to the combat. it also kept you from being locked into any one path since you could switch over to any branch and level it up any time you wanted. once you started getting unique abilities the combat really became excellent.

unfortunately the game just didn't have enough unique content at launch, and never really developed any. it relied very heavily on the live events content which was generally very well done and very frequent early in the game's run. player interactivity was quite high and each server's version of the running story branched in different directions.

when warner sold the game to sony, live events ended. new missions (usually released during the once a week live events) were released maybe once every couple of months. it was a game that required a lot put into it and sony just seemed to want to expend the absolute minimum amount of resources on running the game. i can only assume sony executives also never change the oil in their cars. what a waste of resources!

a "combat upgrade" patch was released around the same time that made some very stupid alterations to game mechanics, cripling ranged classes (there was always a lot of outcry from the melee class players who couldn't figure out how to fight about the other 2 branches that sony chose to indulge)

my friends and i stuck around for a few months but all ended up dropping out of it. i think now the game has totally degenerated into a weird RP/interactive chat room thing. killing it off now is probably for the best but it never should have happened.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo