Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: Op Ed May 20, 2009, 17:04 Dades

By now WoW should have had a whole slew of new classes, races, free and updated content given the money they're making with this thing. While I don't agree with how SOE nickles and dimes people with every expansion - when a lot of that should be included in the monthly fee - EQ2 does a much better job as a MOG than WoW. There's tons more content/areas/dungeons. Crafting is way better and much more varied. More races and classes too.

WoW has what after 5 years? 2 expansions, 2 new races, 1 new class, 1 new crafting class, and no real substantial free content given the large monthly fee. That's pretty sad.

But I don't grind in MOGs. I play the content that's there than I leave and move on to another MOG. Even playing with a great group of friends isn't enough to entice me to stay and grind the same shit over and over. So, no expansions aren't ruining WoW, and in fact they need more, lots more, free and otherwise. They should be having substantial new content coming out on a regular basis - and I mean zones, not just a raid dungeon. There's no shortage of classes and races that can be inserted to keep things interesting. Same with crafting. And as Ray mentioned would it kill these guys to change up the seasonal events? And why aren't they runnign live events all the time? There's absolutely no reason not to.

People tolerate it is the reason. Blizzard's entire formula is based on easy rewards and perceived progression. Unlike real life where attaining your goals can be difficult, just about anything can be done in WoW usually with little effort beyond time. There is nowhere near enough work done to justify the monthly fee and the whole server infrastructure argument doesn't hold water considering their massive profits off of the game.

I quit the game as well, I just couldn't tolerate the repetitiveness anymore. It's been a few months and I doubt I will ever go back. They don't even need to innovate really, just stop shoveling the same thing onto people. I logged in for the holiday event this past christmas season and it was exactly the same as last year, AGAIN. They don't even make the effort anymore, it's simply not a game worth paying for continually. $15 x 12 x Years = a lot of other games.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo