Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

1. Re: Op Ed May 2, 2009, 21:18 Nucas

isps have just started getting a taste of the increase of profit from instituting bandwidth caps, they're not going to stop just because we don't like it. what are we going to do? switch back to dialup in self-righteous protest? these claims that physical publishing's days are numbered are delusional even if isps suddenly decide they aren't in business to make money.

these arguments are always falsely polarized, anyway. developers keep more money. splendid. what about we consumers? steam charges just as much as a brick and mortar - often more - for it's releases. i can get boxed copies of games cheaper from any online distributor. one of the primary arguments i recall when steam was being launched was "without those evil, greedy publishers we can pass the savings on to you!"

taking any sides in this bullshit argument if you're not on somebody's payroll is kind of stupid.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo