Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

91. Re: Zeno Clash v. Piracy May 2, 2009, 11:29 Elessar

All you're doing now is adding to the piracy statistics, adding seeds to pirated games for those who will NOT buy them, no matter what, and most importantly, to me anyway, contributing to the low opinion of PC game sales.
Ah, but that's not all he's doing. If he likes it and buys it, he's adding to the good, fact-based sales statistics as well.

You can tell people to ignore games w/out demos all you want. But in reality that's hardly feasible and if I had to guess, most people wouldn't just skip a game. If an honest person follows a game and is curious enough, they'll do what the devs failed to do in the first place; Help them sell their game by offering themselves a first hand experience.

Look, I think it sucks that it comes down to this for some people, but it is what it is. Devs have to fight battles on many fronts, but this is one they can actually address without there being ambiguous factors involved.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo