Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

85. Re: Zeno Clash v. Piracy May 1, 2009, 16:35 Elessar

Dades - Ignoring the game completely hurts them a lot more than anything else you do. Bitching on messageboards about DRM doesn't really seem to helping does it?
This would be true if I were talking about teaching the devs a lesson. But I wasn't. I was saying that if you're interested in a game, but have no way to determine your money will be well spent, saying you should simply skip it is a ridiculous statement.
Jerykk - Customers and pirates are not mutually exclusive. A very popular stance that anti-piracy folk generally like to take is that there is no overlap between pirates and customers... unless they're talking about stopping piracy, in which case pirates conveniently turn into paying customers. Anti-piracy folk also like to claim that nobody would buy something they already have. Let me ask you this: Why would anybody buy anything if they can get it for free? Piracy is easy and viable to all customers. Why does anyone buy anything? Logically, they would just pirate everything. What's that, you say? Morals and principles? Good point. Now, if a pirate downloads a game and plays it, logic states that they wouldn't buy it... but here comes morality again! If a pirate enjoys a game he downloaded, he might feel compelled to reward the developers by buying it. The point here is that there are varying shades of morality. It's not just right and wrong, good and evil. Some people believe that games should be purchased sight unseen, others believe that games need to prove themselves first. Some people think piracy is inherently evil, other people simply see it as a means to an end. To assume that everyone has the same morals is a bit shortsighted.
I didn't read this whole debate, so I can't attest to everything that was said. But I did catch this and I think it was very well said. The topic is the epitome of grey area.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo