Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

100. Re: On Dark Athena DRM Apr 11, 2009, 11:47 eRe4s3r

That just about sums everything up that is wrong with publishers and game developers, you are not selling only a product and then drop it.

You are selling a commitment to a game, with free patches and free (small) addons that you give to your PAYING customers and with good support you get people to buy stuff, if you make a game and then drop it, people are like nil inclined to pay money for it in the first place (see Hellgate london, or Titan Quest)

For examples on how to do good customer support take a look at Sacred 2, and what consequent patches added, heres a hint, a lot more than just bug-fixes, so even though Sacred 2 has horrid DRM i bought it, because the company doesn't handle you as customer like shit, they care, they listen, and they continue to ADD STUFF while working on an expansion simultaneously. Just like they did with Sacred 1 / Underworld...

I really do not understand why people seem to think making a game and then being done with it is a good idea, every successful game had usually long-term support, free additions or cheap-addons coming out monthly/quarterly (even if only for registered users). See, Diablo 2, Sims 2, Warcraft 3, X , Sacred 1/2, Galciv 2, Sins of a Solar Empire etc.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo