Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

118. Re: Op Ed Mar 15, 2009, 20:10 Dades

but from an objective point of view you have to admit PCs are the better gaming platform.

No, they're the best platform for gaming for specific types of games and genres. You're saying it's the "best" (what does that even mean, is this a contest?) because it's versatile and I agree that it's versatile. It doesn't mean it's be all end all platform for all gaming. It means that for specific games it provides a better experience. I challenge that the console does this as well for other types of games and genres.

You can't generalize it because it's always going to be on a case by case, game by game basis. That's to say nothing of what types of games appeal to each user. So it's not the "best", nor is any console or any other device for that matter. The PC may be the best platform for your needs but that will always differ from person to person.

The PC is "the best" at playing FPS games in my opinion, that's where I enjoy them the most. That doesn't mean the PC platform is better than any other, it just means that I like playing FPS games on it due to using a mouse.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo