Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Dawn of War II Patch Feb 24, 2009, 15:14 Warskull

Would you guys recommend this game to a non-RTS player? There are a lot of interesting elements and positive buzz about this game, but as someone who traditionally doesn't enjoy RTS games (due to micromanagement and such) I'm afraid of getting burned. Thoughts?

It depends on what you want to play. Single player is more a real time, tactical RPG. You fight through a stage, get some item drops, and kill a boss. Each stage usually has a simple objective and they are varied enough to keep it interesting. In single player you only have 4 squads, 2 per player if you do Co-op (2 player.)

Multiplayer requires a bit more micro. Problem is Starcraft and a lot of other RTS games give micro a bad name. Starcraft has very high micro demands and a lot of unnecessary micro (yes, it was about as good as you could get back then.) A lot of other RTS games blindly follow it and in turn have a lot of pointless micro. The micro in DoW II is almost all focused on your units. You will rarely have more than 10 selectable units on the field, but all of them have abilities. I think entry level play in DoW II is more accessible than most RTS games.

Still I would wait on getting it to see if Relic cleans up their act a bit. There are still a few game breakers floating about that they claim will be fixed in 1-2 weeks. Until these are fixed multiplayer is essentially dead in the water.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo