Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Help Uwe Boll Make a Non-Game Movie Feb 13, 2009, 14:33 Aero

I like the man. He's definitely a nut, but a loveable nut in many respects. His shear thick-headed will is worth something.

I don't know about his movies though. I caught some of Alone in the Dark on TV and it was pretty terrible. First off, so far as I can tell it had nothing at all to do with the game. Its production value wasn't even up to the standards of a syndicated action TV show, but clearly more for lack of talent and vision than money--like an amateur movie where they just slap a set together or use a random location, shoot the scene in one go and then move on the way you'd write an essay in a high school English class--and for the love of god, it had Christian Slater in it.

They don't really qualify as camp either. Camp has some redeeming features which make them enjoyable to watch. Scene to scene they're entirely ridiculous. Alone in the Dark just took itself too seriously and most of the scenes were just boring. There wasn't anything ridiculous to enjoy simply because there wasn't anything at all. Most of it was just totally vacant filler.

If he would just give in and stop taking himself seriously the way that William Shatner finally did, he might be able to pull something off. I haven't seen Postal, but it's on Netflix's instant view. Maybe I'll check it out. That seems like it's more in the right direction.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo