Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: EVE Online Retail Bonuses Feb 6, 2009, 16:36 Frijoles

EVE is really.. really.. fucking boring. BUT... There is real adrenaline pumping when you're out in the middle of nowhere either hunting someone or running away. If you are going to solo, just stop now. There's no point. Most of the fun comes from joining a corp and fighting for your territory. Or joining a pirate corp and ganking people (or so I'm told, fucking pirates). If you do join, look in to getting in to EVE University. They help you out with the basics and get you started in EVE.

The game has various aspects to it: PvP (main focus), Crafting (Mining/Research), Markets, Missions, and Politics. Most things drive the PvP aspect of the game.. that is after all what it is built around. People buy secondary accounts (and more) to focus on each of these areas. You can do it with one char, but if you are focusing on manufacturing stuff, you aren't focused on PvP, so it's a trade off. Nonetheless, there's a lot of freedom to do what you want. Just remember that all the good quality stuff comes from 0.0 areas on the map, and to get there and use those resources, you'll want to get in to a good corp/alliance.

I've stopped and rejoined EVE a few times. It's the most boring game I've ever played. But then you get in to a group and manage to take down a massive ship worth millions of isk (possibly billions), and that is the high that keeps people playing. Knowing that you're out in your tiny ship risking it all. It's also the cause for me swearing and being pissed off for the whole next day, because I lost an expensive ship.

Fun times.. and boring times.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo