Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: Empire: Total War Date; DRM; Specs Jan 28, 2009, 01:57 Warskull

I have to agree, steam may have sucked when it was first implemented. Now it is a pretty good product. You have the pros of being able to download the game any point in the future on any PC, never having to keep track of the CD keys, and a fairly nice built in messaging system.

Steam only asks you occasionally check in online and run it. Just checking task manager right now, it only uses 14k of memory in the background.

I have to agree that pirating a game because you have to have steam is BS. Especially when you admit if steam was an option you would probably use it. Steam is fair, transparent DRM for those who want to put a hamper on casual piracy.

Really, only stardock treats its customers better.

Since I only have Valve games in Steam I can't attest to how 3rd party games are handled with it.

They run pretty much the same. They just take a second or two more to launch. The only difference is you have to enter command line switches in a steam option instead of into a shortcut.

This comment was edited on Jan 28, 2009, 02:00.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo