Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: THQ & PhysX Dec 22, 2008, 11:13 4D-Boxing

Again, you don't need dedicated physics hw/sw for ANY of that. And certainly not something as craptastic as PhysX.

True but lets not forget that this is the era of big profit margins. What easier way is there to create hype with flashy effects that do not add anything to game play with a minimum investment.

With PhysX devs. can add all that flashy stuff with minimal coding. Ex: GRAW.

People who aspire to become game devs. Can create mods using the Unreal engine & add some physx stuff just to experiment with new game play ideas.

PhysX might be craptastic but outside of Crysis I have not seen many titles that have been created with Physics in mind. At least PhysX no matter how limited it may be is getting the creativity ball rolling. It's rolling slowly but at least its rolling.

I just wish that all those people who bash Physx would produce something fresh to prove their point…yeah yeah physx this physx that but release something with descent support & mod tools so that people can take in game physics to the next level. If not it's just whining for the sake of whining but that is just my opinion & we all know what that is worth.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo