Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Game Reviews Dec 9, 2008, 15:39 Morgan19

*cough* BULLSHIT

You are extremely over-exaggerating, or your computer sucks monkey balls.

Thanks, you must be sitting here looking at my computer. How could I possibly know what it does, eh? Please.

Steam *starts* quickly, yes. But when I launch a game and it takes minutes to get through the "preparing the start XYZ" then yes, that's an issue. I've had the same experience on my old system and the one I just built that I'm on now. It's not my computer.

Steam starts up in under 20 seconds for me.

I bolded the part you should pay attention to. Not everyone is you, nor has your system. I thought it was fairly clear that I was posting on MY experience with Steam and why I didn't like it. Note that I didn't say it's what you should think. I honestly couldn't care less how it runs for you: if it's a hindrance to me in my experience, that's all that matters when it comes to how my games play.

(EDIT-) Just for kicks, I ran Crysis, GTAIV, and HL2 just now. From clicking on the icon to getting to each one's ingame menu, Crysis loaded in under 15 seconds, GTAIV in about 35 seconds, and HL2/Steam took almost four minutes-- again, with the most time at the "preparing the launch..." window. Call my computer crap if you want, but seeing that big of a difference between a hog like Crysis and the Steam-laden HL2 does stick out in my mind and, I think, would warrant a grimace in Steam's direction in my experience].

Yes, it's not quite the 5-10 minutes I'd said, granted. But when one supposedly bloatware-laden game like GTAIV starts that quickly compared to Steam, I'm prone to notice. My only point was that GTAIV's loading/programs isn't as bad FOR SOME PEOPLE as a lot of folks seem to be having experience with.

m19

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2008, 15:51.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo