Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2008, 12:03 Proboscis

Hey Blue,
Your comment on tetanus is correct in that it is highly improbable that you have it - actually, tetanus bacteria are anaerobic, and cannot grow in a scratch; they need a deep, penetrating wound that closes off from the air in order to colonize, so you are 99.9% safe from that 'threat', if it can even be called that.

Rabies...where to even start. I'll just put it this way, the media exaggerates everything and I agree with you - you're fine. If that dog had to bite through your coat to get to your skin, the chances are good that its actual teeth or saliva didn't even touch your skin, but rather the fabric of the coat covered the teeth and was the actual material that broke the skin. And if the coat didn't tear all the way through, then it is guaranteed that is what happened. Basically, as far as the bite is concerned, the dog put on a rubber glove before biting you! Thanks for the consideration, dog!

It stinks about the coat, but glad to hear you're in good shape!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo