Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

22. Re: Performance Nov 5, 2008, 16:01 Creston

I didn't even notice there was a benchmark option. More embarrassing is how well it's done - that minimum of 13 sucks but overall, my performance is better than yours even accounting for the CPU speed difference. Vista FTW?

Well, your CPU runs .3 Ghz faster than mine, and you have a much more powerful graphics card, AND you have 512MB of extra Memory you can use (though I believe no programs use more than 3 Gig anyways).

So I can see that you've got better performance, yeah

The worst slowdown while benching was the first scene, just before and during some firing, firing some sort of purple laser - are they PPC bolts? The slowdown started before these came into view, although possibly as soon as it created the entities.

Yup that's them. The fucking scourge of the X universe. Devil

Note that while the actual game will have more going on in it in the background (economy etc), the scenes you see in the demo will never happen unless you actively set them up that way. There will never be a battle where six capships are in the same screen around a station, all firing at once.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo