Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

6. Re: X3: Terran Conflict Rolling Demo Nov 5, 2008, 11:44 Aero

I've always been just a hair away from fully getting into the X games. I buy them all (though not TC yet), and I do put in a good deal of time, but after a certain point frustration begins to set in.

It wouldn't take much to push me over the edge, and I'm hoping TC does just that. It's just the interface, really, that frustrates me because of all of the micro-managing you have to do. This is all part of the game of course, but when it gets to the point where if I take a break to smoke a cigarette or get something to drink and when I come back I'm in a menu that's nested several times over and I've lost my train of thought, things begin to get a little frustrating. It's pretty powerful once you get comfortable with it, sort of like using a command line or something like vi, but it would be a lot more enjoyable for me if it were more user friendly.

When it comes to playing though, you really don't need to get too involved with the more complicated management aspect of the game. It is very full featured and polished on many levels so just flying around and fighting or exploring the universe without having to lead large fleets around and manage factory output can be very enjoyable and there are plenty of things to do. Besides, there are so few space sims/shooters of any type that X is definitely worth playing if you enjoy these things.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo