Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patch Nov 3, 2008, 20:25 Aero

Yes, that is what I should have done, and I really should have known better. I bought SOC the day it came out and I didn't have nearly as many problems as I have had with Clear Sky. I expected it to be buggy but not this buggy.

I still enjoyed playing it though, and I'm looking forward to playing it again. I just don't want to wear it out before I can have the full experience. Deep down it is really a fine game.

I've actually put Far Cry 2 on a similar hiatus, though not one so severe. I'm hoping there will be a patch in the near future that waters down the spawning a bit. Again, so that I can have a better experience the first time I fully play it. It's not really all that bad though. I'll still play it, only in half-hour spurts here and there, which is about how long it takes me to start growing weary of sneaking by/destroying the same checkpoints over and over again.

Fallout 3 is therefore a real godsend. It works pretty much as advertised right out of the box, and I should be able to get two or weeks out of that one for my first time through, barring any day-long gaming binges, which have been known to happen.

It's all worked out rather well these last couple weeks. Maybe by the time I work through Fallout 3, Far Cry 2 and then Grand Theft Auto 4, Clear Sky will be reasonably patched up and then I'll be set through the holidays. Throw in the odd bout of Street Fighter 4 and Left 4 Dead, and I may be square until summer.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo