Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

100. Re: My Two Cents Oct 30, 2008, 01:35 Paranoid Jack

I've re-rolled several characters to try different stats and see how they effect combat. So far I am seeing the same things Oblivion had... for better or worse, thats up to you.

I've noticed a lot of randomness to creature types spawning but locations seem to be pretty much set. Bad news? I was level one just out of the Vault and took out a deathclaw (random spawn apparantly) with about a dozen or more shots. Hard to tell how many hit since it's more or less a cone of fire with some randomness built in. Either way it was sad how slow the Deathclaw moved. He was more like a Deathsloth. It only got one hit on me before I brought it down. Without using VATS. Shortly after I met the three Raiders (one of which has a flamethrower) and they handed my ass to me.

My guess is that the game will get silly easy as you level the stats you prefer according to your game-play style. Like Oblivion where I played a stealthy lizard assasin that could single head shot about half the targets I took out.

I tried the kill somebody in Megaton route too. I was swarmed by about a dozen people who beat and shot me down within ten seconds after VATS ran it's course.

I like the feel of the Wasteland and the dialog isn't too bad. I'm thinking the exporation and quest will make it a decent game. Time will tell.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo