Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: Left 4 Dead Demo Only One Week Oct 29, 2008, 06:55 Shadowcat

It's time limited for reasons Dagok laid out already.
Yeah, they'd obviously need to lock it down properly if they did a normal demo. I just think that they should take the time to do that, and give us a demo we can evaluate in our own time, like every other publisher in the world manages to do.

It's one week because the game itself comes out the following week and they don't want people modding up the demo or etc.
Well it really doesn't matter to them if people mod the demo, because at the end of the fixed time limit, the demo stops working and takes all the mods with it. I'm sure no one cares if people mod it in the brief time that it is available. And hell, anyone who puts the time and effort into modding a demo is almost certainly going to shell out for the retail version.

I don't see how anyone could spend a week with the demo and not be able to make a purchase decision, it just boggles the mind.
I agree wholeheartedly. And if I was to spend a week playing the demo co-op with my friends, I am absolutely positive that I would know whether I wanted to buy it or not.

So if Valve would care to offer me the demo during whatever week my friends and I all actually manage to free up sufficiently to spend a decent amount of time playing it together, that would be just dandy.

What they are actually offering is a week of their choosing, and I don't even know if we'll manage a single game in that period. Maybe we will, maybe we won't, but that doesn't make a one week demo any less ridiculous.

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2008, 07:07.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo