Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Left 4 Dead Demo Only One Week Oct 28, 2008, 20:11 Shadowcat

If the reason is so that they won't have to spend time making and locking down a time-unlimited demo version, I can kinda understand that. I don't agree with it, but I can at least comprehend the reasoning.

But why one week? Why not three weeks? A month? You know, enough time for people to actually arrange to get together with their friends on a weekend when everyone is free at the same time, and give the game a try?

They would still get to shut off the demo and force people to buy it if they want to carry on playing.

One week is just ridiculous. I might well have bought it at full price if it turns out to be great, but the chances of me trying out a co-op game properly in such a short amount of time are damned slim, and I'm not blowing that much money on finding out if it's good or not.

One week demo == Definitely waiting for a price-drop.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo