Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: Far Cry 2 Homebrew Widescreen Fix Oct 25, 2008, 14:09 Aero

Clear Sky was pretty good, I enjoyed it. I do want some re-spawning though. This is the biggest problem with Clear Sky--after a while there is hardly anyone left to fight.

The single biggest disappointing thing about FC2, IMO, is the lack of factions. From the previews, I kind of got the impression that you could become friendly to one faction or at the very least neutral until some faction has it in for you.

As it is, everyone outside of the city tries to kill you on sight. There are no civilians, nothing but baddies. Because of the re-spawning, I'm sometimes hitting the same checkpoint every five minutes.

You should get at least a half-an hour before they respawn.

I do like it a lot though, it's one of the best games I've played in a while. Clear Sky and Far Cry 2 are the only games in recent memory I've been impressed with. If Clear Sky had the true open-spaces and the incredible seamless presentation of FC2, that would be the best game ever...seriously. The best. Better than Tetris.

ed: Oh, I've tried the widescreen fix. Doesn't quite work. You end up with too many lighting artifacts the wider the FOV becomes, and I don't want it quite as wide as most people seem to, so they may see even more.

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2008, 14:11.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo