Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

126. Re: ... Oct 16, 2008, 09:32 wallace321

It's a new day : ) So let me just address the points they felt necessary to raise - since it hasn't been brought up that I could find on this entire thread.

You have 5 activations on 3 separate PCs
what the hell is this supposed to mean? you can "re-activate" if necessary on 2 of 3 machines only?

Uninstalling the game “refunds” an activation. This process is called “revoke”, so as long as you complete proper uninstall you will be able to install the game an unlimited number of times on 3 systems.

Doesn't this contradict the previous statement? Which is it? Unlimited or 5? I thought you could "revoke" them? They'll charge you an activation even if they realize it's on one of your previously activated machines?

You can upgrade your computer as many time as you want (using our revoke system)

WHAT? Do we have to uninstall our game before changing our videocard now, JUST IN CASE it decides to de-activate Far Cry 2?

Ubisoft is committed to the support of our games, and additional activations can be provided.

They HAVE patched their games appropriately in the past (still waiting form them to remove starforce from Silent Hunter 3 and Splinter Cell: CT though....) - usually by fixing game crashing bugs that should have been squashed in QA

Ubisoft is committed to the long term support of our games: you’ll always be able to play Far Cry 2.

See also, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Silent Hunter 3 - I'm pretty sure I've been reading online that these are Unplayable in Vista x64 -mainly because of Star Force but I've been told the installer detects the OS and doesn't let you install, maybe I'll give it a try this weekend to confirm - is that an unreasonable request? SC:CT and SH3 aren't THAT old, they're only 1 or 2 versions old for their respective franchises. So is playing them in Vista x64 unreasonable? If you say yes, then Ubisoft saying "you'll always be able to play Far Cry 2" is an unreasonable promise.

Edit:

Oh and did anybody else notice: It sounds like you can pick 3 machines to install on. Period. That's all. Even if you uninstall and revoke the activation, that's one of your 3 machines. Even if that machine (whatever a "machine" is) is thrown out. You've just lost one of the 3 machines you're allowed to activate this game one.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2008, 14:30.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo