Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

119. Re: No subject Oct 15, 2008, 19:55 CJ_Parker

CJ...yet none of that provides any proof whatsoever to back up your claim they made the console versions first and then ported to the PC.

That's not really what I was trying to claim though (I might have exaggerated for effect at one point with that flame on Ubi's porting "talents" ). I was actually not even trying to come up with a claim of my own but just trying to refute the claim that the game was originally planned as a PC exclusive.

There's really just no way it was with the history of these guys, Ubi Montreal. I am absolutely convinced that they always had console versions planned and that they used those early Xbox 360 dev kits (the Macs) to make sure that their Dunia engine would be flexible enough to run on consoles, too.

I am a strong believer in the theory that they just didn't announce the console versions at first because they were not sure whether to go for last gen or next gen. So they evaluated their options behind closed doors as they began developing the PC version, however, all the while fully knowing and intending to release the game on consoles eventually.

That's all I was trying to say. I do not believe in the "PC exclusive" fairytale. They might be saying that on PC-centric websites for PR reasons to make PC gamers feel better about themselves but there is just no fucking way that they ever seriously considered PC exclusivity.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo