Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: Attributes Oct 15, 2008, 18:03 osage no onna

Uhm yeah. No assignable points? Blizzard is sure going in a GREAT direction here. Up next : a Blizzard operated store in WoW where you can buy gold and mounts with your credit card.

They're already effectively selling unique mounts and level 60 characters with their "recruit a friend" scheme That you have to sort of level them a little is just to obfuscate the fact.

Few people probably remember at this point that WoW used to have assignable stat points too, in the original beta. They removed them under the pretense that they didn't want people to assign them badly and thus gimp themselves, which in itself is a really pathetic reason, but of course the real reason was that they wanted to limit people's choices so that they'd have an easier time controlling the way people play, and would cut down on the amount of balancing they need to do. It's so much easier to create content when you know exactly how the players are going to approach it (since it's not like they have any options).

It'd be great to have some meaningful choices in a game, but I'm probably looking in the wrong place here. I'm sure I'll end up playing D3 either way :\

Unless they try to turn b.net into a subscription-based service. I half-expect something like that at this point.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo