Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: No subject Oct 8, 2008, 10:55 4D-Boxing

JaguarUSF

You are absolutely correct. This is just a B.S. excuse to cover up the fact that people are not interested in buying their products. I've noticed that it's mostly the same few crappy publishers that spew this nonsense over & over again. Yes Piracy is an issue but good games sell well despite piracy. Valve is not crying about TF2 being pirated neither are the WoW developers publishers etc.

Ex 1: CoD4 devs. did not implement certain basic functions to reduce piracy. The game is very good & sales where very good despite the piracy.

Ex 2: GEARS PC, the game was not very good the sales where bad same with Crysis.

Bottom line, people will buy good games & bad games get pirated to hell & back then deleted. Demos might help reduce the piracry but not by much. Like a guy said the other day on the bus, he considers most game, movies & Music albums as disposable entertainment because it's so bad that he downloads it when he's really bored looks or listens for a few hours & deletes.

I would not put my career in jeopardy by acting this way but I've heard this from multiple sources. I can't even remember the last time I went to the movies or bought a music CD... if I'm desperate, I rent a few movies or listen to old tunes on youtube.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo