Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

20. Best MMO to date. Oct 3, 2008, 01:18 Paranoid Jack

I'm loving it. And though it's not perfect it's damned fun. PvE is as good as any before it. Better than most. PQs add to that. But like everyone else has stated the PvP game is over the top. When your fighting to take a Keep or defending it and there are way over a hundred PCs & NPCs in the battle it's just tremendous fun.

There are lower level instances/dungeons in the cities also. Not sure how deep they are but I've seen them briefly before running for my life.

Has anyone noticed drops are better when grouping?

At one point during a PQ with a small Warband we were getting nice drops every dozen or so kills. And since then I haven't seen the items dropping so frequently. Yeah, a lot of the stuff is class/race specific but that is the nature of any MMO.

One of WAR's best achievements is that there is so much variety in their characters. They play so differently. Not just a different race with the same spells, buffs, and combat moves like other MMOs.

I'm very much looking forward to the add-on races/classes and areas. I plan on playing this on a regular basis for quite some time.

And if you think the low level RvR stuff is fun wait until you see the variety in the upper levels. Four tiers with three different types of RvR instances plus the huge RvR battlefield all over the game-world.

This game is not for the solo minded player though it still can be fun for those who enjoy mostly solo game-play. What I mean is WAR shines when you're playing RvR/PvP in a group. The larger the better...

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 01:22.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo