Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

43. Re: No subject Oct 2, 2008, 19:42 Verno

No, no. Not 'Lowest Common Denominator' games. Consoles by virtue of having inferior hardware to PC's are the LCD. You can make the argument that many PC's don't have the muscle to match some consoles, but only a tiny number of PC titles are made for them.

Can't really say I agree with that. Devs are designing from down to up instead of the other way around now. I can think only 10 high end titles off the top of my head released in the past year whereas I can walk into any store and see mountains of games designed to operate at the middle to low range, somewhere that a console does just fine. No one is disputing that high end PC's are more powerful than consoles but thats no longer the design paradigm these days, few games are targeting high end PC's.

You certainly like to infer a lot based on very little. I personally understand why developers would rather make easy games. If they sell better than the complex ones, and take less time, then they are the logical choice. The fact that some gamers prefer the complicated and "confusing" games does not make them snobbish.

Well no but people around here posting "fuck off to console land and die!" does make them snobs. That's what I was referring to.

You can play console games; if you enjoy them, more power to you. I generally don't. I did enjoy Bioshock, Oblivion, and GTA on PC, but while playing them I could never shake the feeling that they would have been so much better had they been designed for PC instead of consoles.

I'm quite happy to play both PC and console games, I don't really make the distinction nor pick silly sides in some imaginary fight. If people want to then fair enough but I get tired of seeing the same thing reposted 5 times a day "FUK CONSOLES ARE KILLING OUR PC FUCKIN GREEDY DEVS FUCK U EPIC/CRYTEK/BETHESDA/pretty much everyone". So sometimes I let go and respond to it

I'm not sure why you continue to get defensive with me; I have never belittled anyone for their gaming choices. I just know what I like.

On the contrary, I don't feel defensive at all. I was just responding to your post and trying to give my point of view. I respect your opinion as you're usually pretty level headed, I wasn't trying to unfairly target you with my post, just more meant in general to people around here

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo