Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

124. Re: DRM Aug 6, 2008, 16:34 Verno

Are you fucking kidding me it's bad? It's why PC games are losing this fight. Cheap easy access to content gets people interested. Those same people would not have the ability to spend any money on your products if that access wasn't there. So better to just get rid of them than setup something that worked for people who don't want to pay full price? WOW!

You can say "fuck" all you want, it doesn't make you anymore intelligent or your arguments any sounder. "Cheap easy access", do you know what consoles cost? Hint: not more than individual games. People can invest in a console and peripherals but without access to rented games then no one would ever sell any? Who are you kidding here?

Your argument is so full of holes I could melt it over a burger and pass it off as cheese. The absence of rentals is the problem with the PC industry, thats basically your entire argument. I know you came up with this "genius" idea by yourself but hint: it sucks. The ultimate irony is that publishers HAVE tried rentals on the PC and it didn't work because of piracy. But I guess they're just all liars according to you! Everyone who works in the industry is a greedy liar out to screw with the world with evil DRM from North Korea but you are the visionary despite never having even worked at Best Buy. I mean, what the hell do they know, they only do it for a living? Those fools!

You want PC gaming rentals? www.gametap.com. That's gaming rentals right there, so I guess the industry is OK now right because we have the same thing that consoles do?

First you said piracy was all publisher lies and that it didn't matter. Now you're saying it does matter and that game rentals are the key to defeating it. Then you said DRM was OK as long you liked it but not OK for whatever invisible judgement you use in your head. You're flipflopping like a politician, it'd be a sight to see if it weren't so transparent. DRM bad! No wait, DRM good for digital distribution. Piracy? Isn't a problem! Wait no it's killing the PC industry along with all of these billions of people renting games!

I mean, I get it, you don't like certain kinds of DRM and think game rentals are the cat's meow but that doesn't make your opinion the revelation that you seem to think it is. There are many problems with the PC gaming industry - shifting hardware targets, cost of entry, piracy, complexity, vendor/manufacturer driver support, lack of overall standardization and so on. Game rentals isn't killing anybody man.
This comment was edited on Aug 6, 16:44.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo