Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Yay Gabe Jun 28, 2008, 02:39 Flo

PC gaming will thrive again when Joe Average buys a new laptop (and let's face it, he WILL buy a laptop) and it already includes a decent graphics card to play current games. On the other hand, developers/publishers have to make sure that these games actually RUN on that hardware and don't require an expensive desktop graphics card.

Good example: Source Engine Games run great and look great on my 8600m GS based laptop (hardly cutting edge)

Bad example: Neverwinter Nights 2, Crysis: Run choppy even on lower settings and look ugly.

But even without cutting edge 3D graphics we have so much unused potential. I recently ran through my dusty games collection and found Baldur's Gate and Jagged Alliance 2. The visuals of those games are just great and don't require a 3D card. The PC has such a large back catalogue of great games which is not at all exploited. I mean do some advertising for those games and sell them digitally for 10 bucks.
I could go on and on, so much potential left untapped...

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 02:40.

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo