Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: ENOUGH of this bullshit Jun 17, 2008, 13:47 Shadowcat

Glad to see lots of sane voices in this thread.

PropheT, sorry to pick on the single instance where you tolerate them, but:
driving games where the billboards along the road have real products for example. They're not really selling you anything as much as just making the game world seem more realistic though
"They're not really selling you anything" is ludicrous! of course they're selling you something. It's a god-damned advertisement. That is its one and only purpose.

There are plenty of other things they could do that no sane person wants that would make the game world seem more realistic. Like making you lose the rally because you had to stop to fix a random flat tyre. Or making you live through the driver's entire pre-race day in real-time.

I'm sure everyone can think of many other unpleasant aspects of day-to-day reality that we don't want cropping up in games (even when they're simulations).

Allowing this crap will never EVER lead to anything good. The interests of the advertisers and the interests of the gamer DO NOT COINCIDE. It's as simple as that.

As to the staff at Neilson: Please please please kill yourselves as soon as possible. I hear that 82 percent of people who bathed with wild crocodiles had absolutely nothing bad to say about the experience afterwards, and many of the participants found the experience highly satisfying.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 13:48.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo