Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

40. Re: No subject Jun 13, 2008, 17:47 Slink

Yes, the game has bugs and yes, some of the features aren't implemented, but the game is a blast and especially lower levels are quite fun. It can only get better with time.

My experiences thus far (so I don't know anything about 40+)...

What I like about the game:
- I like the combo system. It really adds a tad bit of skill to the game, and I love watching WoW (Whiners of Warcraft) cry about it and say it sucks.
- I love how it's not gear based. Yes the gear could play a LITTLE bit more role into the grand scheme of things, but I love gear doesn't automatically determine a winner of a fight before the battle actually begins.
- I love the atmosphere of the game. The graphics are beautiful and the day/night cycle is great, and around dusk and dawn your jaw will drop at how "real" it feels.
- I like the semi-realistic approach. I was getting tired of WoW's overdone armor and weapons, so it's nice to see armor, weapons, and characters toned down a bit.

What I think could be improved:
- There needs to be a few more zones. I love Conall's Valley and the Wild Lands, but I feel like there needs to be one more zone for 30-40 or above. This is NOT because I can't find quests - I can find plenty of them with no problem - but I just get tired of looking at the same stuff all the time. New zones would vary things up a bit.
- Needs to be MUCH MUCH MUCH more variation in weapon and armor models. There seems to be very few models that will drop, especially armor. I wish I could find the armor that was in the Gamespot PvP weekend, but I have yet to see that or anything that closely resembles it.
- I wish more quests had voice acting.
- A rather big amount of random bugs and annoyances need to be squashed and fixed.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a new MMO that shows promise, especially for people that are looking to get away from WoW. Bear in mind that it is NOT finished and later levels apparently can use some work, but it is the best alternative right now and I can only see good things for it down the road.

- - - - - -
AoC: Darsius (Cimmeria) -- WoW: Darsius (Earthen Ring) -- CoH: Photon Prime (Freedom) -- TF2 and CoD4: Slink(FSU)

My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo