Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: GameTap Jun 3, 2008, 13:57 Deathbishop

Baldur's Gate (or Baldur's Gate 2 for that matter) were never removed from the service. There were a number of titles that were though (some EA stuff like Ultima for example). The bitching was due to them just taking it away without telling the subscribers (which they say will not happen again).

It's a nice service and for only 10 bucks, I don't see how people don't see it as a bargin. Yea, you don't 'technically' own the game because once you stop subscribing to Gametap, there go the games but again for the price to play upwards of almost 1000 title spanning multiple platforms, I think it's a good deal. They've made alot of older titles work with Windows XP and some are just classics.

Deus Ex
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
Icewind Dale 1 and 2
Planetscape Torment
Beyond Good and Evil
Civilization IV
Pirates
Alpha Centauri
Far Cry

It aint Steam, but I don't think that's what it's trying to be. It's a subscription service.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo