Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

41. Re: I WANT AN EXPERIENCE LIKE *THIS* May 30, 2008, 00:51 Spaced

oh yea? WHAT GAMES have had all that in the past 10 years aside from the ones I mentioned (Iwar1 & 2)And of course Freespace the king of then all. Nothing in the last/current gen..
X3 looked almost as good but the gameplay was dull, the feel of the ship was non-existent and no cockpit even. It felt like each area was just a small portal connected to another..didnt feel much like open space.
I love sims and have played them since Elite for my 48k Speccy

Wow, if that's all you can recall (X3) that matches the feel of that video (even in just some ways as you point out with X3) then either you haven't played too many others or you're no longer into the genre (which is perfectly fine). Space-sims may just no longer hold your gaming interest as much as it did when you were younger (I'm guessing you were probably a kid when you played Elite). What you recall as a child and the wonder it gave you can simply wear off and you may no longer be impressed with that kind of experience any more... you simply grew out of those games. Since nothing can bring back that feel and childhood sense of wonder for you, you simply discard and dismiss anything else, even when it is superior in many ways (from an objective perspective). The video may get close for you with its snap-zooms, shaky cameras, and action feel, but when that is translated into a game, you still won't be satisifed. Nothing wrong with that, we all have shifting interests and expectations as we get older. I simply still enjoy space games and yes, several since 1999 do provide that same sense of adrenaline pumping action, rapid fire weaponry, and zooming flying that you see in that video. Maybe my standards are different, but who cares, I'm still having fun

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo