Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

32. Re: LotRO is pretty good May 8, 2008, 12:10 JohnnyRotten

From my persepctive (and many others in the closed beta), the game went from severely crashy, graphical glitchy, and laggy from a previous build to running nearly perfect closed beta build that came shortly after Open Beta Launch.

Ultimately, this is a disagreement based on the perception of the stability of the client and server. For you, it's good. For others, it hasn't been.

However, I think saying that AOC is down to three of four technical issues (Vista, quad core, SLI, dual cores) and that if you have XP/single core/non sli, that it’ll be “running nearly perfect” is a bit off base, and is contradicted by what others are saying in the beta/technical forums.

I'm happy the game works well for you. I'm just trying to give others fair warning that it may not work well out the gate for everyone, and is still crash prone, graphically glitchy, laggy, and disconnect prone for some (I don’t feel comfortable using “many” for either side of this discussion as there is no evidence to back up the claim). Furthermore, regardless of the technical issues, there are still basic game mechanics are missing, bugged, broken and/or unbalanced. The game simply isn't stable for a lot of people, and in my opinion, isn't very polished at this point.

I’m not saying the game doesn’t have potential. I’m saying that given the less then two weeks to release, combined with the current stability issues, the lack of polish (imho), the furious rate of untested client and server patches trying to address these issues the last minute, and Funcom's previous rocky game release history, I don't think it's unfair to recommend waiting a few weeks to see how the launch goes before purchasing this product.

Sorry to hijack the LOTR thread to talk about AOC. If it makes anyone feel better, I just rick-rolled myself. Twice.

Everything above is my OPINION, not FACT. Unless my FACTS turn out to be incorrect. Then they were just my OPINIONS.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo